These Mocha Mint Cookies have chunks of chocolate mint candy baked into a mocha-flavored cookie that’s crisp around the edges and fudgy in the middle.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons high-quality ground coffee
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 28 thin mint candies, broken into small bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips until completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds for a total of 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla. Add the ground coffee and beat on low until completely mixed in. Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until well combined. Stir in the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and thin mint candies.
- Form dough into two tablespoon sized balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to crackle on top. Let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.