Fudge brownies made festive with a tint of red and a swirl of marshmallow cream. Pure brownie bliss!
Ho! Ho! Happy December, y’all! The Holidays are here and the New Year is rapidly approaching. I still can’t believe it!
I’m so excited about the next few weeks of decorating, parties, gift giving and more. And by more, I mean lots and lots of baking! I adore this time of year!
These red velvet brownies with a swirl of marshmallow crème on top are festive and fabulous! Perfect to take to a party or just to have on the kitchen counter to curb those sweet treat cravings throughout the Holiday season and beyond.
They’re easy and fun to make. The batter is tinted red with food coloring and the top is swirled white with marshmallow crème.
The sweetness from the roasted marshmallow crème on top combined with the rich fudge of the brownies is out of this world amazing!
Whether it’s the Holidays or just a brownie craving, these are sure to be a hit!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle red food coloring
- 9 tablespoons marshmallow crème
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwaveable mixing bowl, add the butter and chocolate chips. Melt on medium power, 1-2 minutes; stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for a few minutes before whisking in the brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the red food coloring, a little at a time, until batter is red.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Dollop the marshmallow crème by tablespoons onto the top of the brownie batter. Using a chopstick or table knife, make large swirls through the marshmallow crème into the batter across the baking dish. Rotate the baking dish one-quarter turn and repeat the large swirling motion. Resist the urge to over-swirl the batter.
- Bake the brownies in the middle rack of the oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.