Fudge brownies made festive with a tint of red and a swirl of marshmallow cream. Pure brownie bliss!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle red food coloring
- 9 tablespoons marshmallow crème
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwaveable mixing bowl, add the butter and chocolate chips. Melt on medium power, 1-2 minutes; stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for a few minutes before whisking in the brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the red food coloring, a little at a time, until batter is red.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Dollop the marshmallow crème by tablespoons onto the top of the brownie batter. Using a chopstick or table knife, make large swirls through the marshmallow crème into the batter across the baking dish. Rotate the baking dish one-quarter turn and repeat the large swirling motion. Resist the urge to over-swirl the batter.
- Bake the brownies in the middle rack of the oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.