This simple and oh-so-cute Santa Snack Board, made out of hummus, veggies, cheese and crackers, is sure to put you at the top of the nice list!
Everyone will get such a kick out of your creativity and enjoy a healthy addition to the holiday spread when you serve this Santa-shaped snack board made out of hummus, veggies, cheese and crackers. It’s easy to make with ingredients that are convenient and crowd-friendly.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW TO MAKE THIS ADORABLE SANTA SNACK BOARD:
I created this Santa Snack Board to debut in my Beautiful Boards cookbook. It’s definitely one of my favorites. It’s approachable yet so impressive. Perfect to make for just about any holiday get-together. Whether you make it for your family to snack on while decorating the Christmas tree or for your work holiday party or the preschool potluck or Christmas Eve supper, it’s sure to be enjoyed by all! Such a nice dish to include amongst all the indulgent eats that are a given at most holiday celebrations.
To make Santa, simply spread your favorite plain hummus onto a round, lipped white plate and place it in the center of the board. Press two large black olives for his eyes, a cherry tomato for his nose and the 1/2 of a top of a red bell pepper for his smile.
To make his hat, layer red bell peppers above the plate toward the top right corner of the board then add mini mozzarella balls to the top as the ball of his hat. Line the bottom of the hat with mini mozzarella balls as well, which will be the top of the hummus covered plate.
Arrange cauliflower for Santa’s beard, mustache and eyebrows. If your kiddos claim they don’t like cauliflower, serving it as the big guys’s beard may have them singing a different tune. 😉
Place the remaining black olives, except for one, at the bottom of the board, around the cauliflower beard to look like Santa’s belt. Stack 3 club crackers topped with a black olive cut in half for his belt buckle.
Finish by filling the board with cherry tomatoes, broccoli and club crackers.
Ta-da! A healthy Santa Snack Board!
When you make this Santa for your holiday spread and post it to social, tag @thebakermama. I love seeing your creations!
For more creative and delicious snack board creations like this one, check out my Beautiful Boards cookbook.
- 16 ounces plain hummus
- 6 ounces large pitted black olives, divided
- 30 cherry tomatos, divided
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 8 ounces fresh mini mozzarella balls, drained and patted dry
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets
- 18 club crackers
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- Evenly spread the hummus onto a round white plate with a lip around the edge.
- Press 2 large black olives for Santa's eyes, a cherry tomato for his dos and ½ of the top of a bell pepper for his smile onto the hummus.
- Layer the red bell pepper strips, starting from the top of the plate up to the top right corner of the board to look like Santa's hat.
- Add a line of mini mozzarella balls to the top edge of the plate and then a small pile of mini mozzarella balls to the top of the red bell peppers to look like to ball of his hat.
- Arrange the cauliflower for Santa's beard, mustache and eyebrows.
- Place the remaining black olives, except for one, at the bottom of the board, around the cauliflower beard to look like Santa's belt. Stack 3 club crackers at the very bottom center of the board with the remaining large black olive cut in half and pressed together in the center of the top cracker to look like Santa's belt buckle.
- Divide the remaining cherry tomatoes on either side of Santa's cauliflower beard, filling in from the olive up to the middle of the board.
- Add the broccoli to the top left of the board and fan the club crackers along the right side of the board.
- Admire his cuteness and enjoy!