Rich dark chocolate and fresh raspberries are the stars of these deliciously chewy oatmeal cookies that are made without any flour, granulated sugar, real butter or oil. Healthier cookies that you’ll love!
So not only do my parents have 6 peach trees that produce tons of peaches each summer, but they also grow raspberries and blackberries. Lucky us! They do all the hard work of growing, pruning and harvesting these fruits and we just reap the fresh rewards. Yummy yum!
Last time my parent’s visited us, they brought the most beautiful juicy tart raspberries for us to enjoy…
We snacked and snacked on them and then when everyone turned their backs, I stirred some into these irresistible oatmeal cookies…
Nobody complained once they tasted the amazingness for themselves. Those juicy tart raspberries joined an all-star cookie ingredient line-up of dark chocolate, oatmeal, almond butter, honey and flaxseed. That’s it, no flour, no granulated sugar, no eggs, no real butter, no oil. I intended them to be breakfast cookies, but honestly, we eat them all the time. They definitely make for a great start to the day though!
Super easy to make with simple ingredients you might already have on hand and they store great for days, if they last that long!
Oh the combo of fresh raspberries and dark chocolate…insert hearts, hearts and more hearts! LOVE! There’s just something about the sweet fruity tartness of fresh raspberries combined with the rich bitterness of dark chocolate. Who says this decadent combo can’t be enjoyed in a slightly healthier way?
They’re hearty and chewy with plenty of sweetness from those berries and a little honey while the almond butter and melty dark chocolate balance it all out. Warning: it’s really hard to eat just one!
If you want the cookies to be gluten free, be sure to use gluten free oats. And feel free to substitute the almond butter with peanut butter or another nut butter, if desired or necessary. Frozen raspberries will work well too, but I prefer fresh.
Happy baking and cookie enjoying!
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup pure honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almond butter, honey and vanilla until smooth. Add the oatmeal, flaxseed, baking soda, and salt and stir until a thick mixture forms. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and raspberries until well distributed throughout and the dough moistens a little from the raspberries.
- Form 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Slightly flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand. If the dough is too sticky, spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray or use a cookie scoop.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.