Marshmallow krispies treats made with Cocoa Puffs and Cocoa Krispies that are so chewy gooey delicious, they’ll knock your socks off!
I made these treats on a whim yesterday and just couldn’t resist sharing the recipe right away. You’re going to LOVE this recipe! The crunch from the Cocoa Puffs, the crisp from the Cocoa Krispies and the chewy gooey greatness from the extra marshmallows make these treats almost too tasty to be true.
Somehow the kids talked me into buying chocolate cereals at the store recently. I hadn’t had Cocoa Puffs in years and once I tried a handful, it brought back all kinds of delicious memories. That chocolate crunch is irresistible and when combined with cold milk that softens the puffs just a bit…oh my yum! And it was my first time to try Cocoa Krispies, but immediately fell in love with their subtle chocolate flavor, especially when sipping the leftover lightly sweetened chocolate-y cereal milk goodness. Mmmm…mmmm!
These are the kind of cereals that we consider treats, not your everyday breakfast. The kids will occasionally choose a bowl of chocolate cereal as their dessert at night or we’ll let them have a bowl for a special breakfast on the weekend.
So yesterday, I was craving something sweet and these chocolate cereals kept calling my name every time I opened the darn pantry. As I was munching on a few handfuls of Cocoa Puffs, I got the craving to combine them with Cocoa Krispies and make the treat of all treats. COCOA PUFF KRISPIES TREATS!
Best idea ever, y’all! These treats turned out so amazing! A marshmallow krispies treat like none other.
The key to extra gooeyness in these marshmallow treats is adding extra marshmallows. I like to add a few cups of mini marshmallows with the dry cereal before pouring the melted marshmallow and butter mixture over it all.
That way the treats have these little bites of slightly melted marshmallows all throughout and it just makes them all the more delicious.
An easy treat to make for any occasion that everyone is sure to love!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 12 ounce bag marshmallows
- 3 cups Cocoa Puffs
- 3 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter then add the 12 ounce bag of marshmallows and stir occasionally until all melted.
- Combine the Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Krispies and 2 cups mini marshmallows in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the ingredients in the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into a parchment-lined 9x13 inch baking dish using another piece of parchment paper to press the mixture down evenly.
- Let cool for about an hour. Cut into squares & enjoy!