A moist pumpkin spice graham cracker cake is topped with melting milk chocolate and gooey oven-roasted marshmallows. It’s s’mores perfection with some fabulous fall flare!
Okay, stop what you’re doing right now. Oh, wait, never mind. You’re actually reading my post and drooling over this delicious cake so keep doing that and then stop whatever you were planning to do next and GO MAKE THIS CAKE! Seriously, it’s a must try.
It’s so moist and has the best combo of rich sweet flavors. The cake tastes just like a pumpkin spice graham cracker, if there where such a cracker! Maybe there is?! Or maybe I need to add it to my list of recipes to create? You get the gist though, don’t you?
Then that moist pumpkin graham cake is covered in melting milk chocolate and topped with gooey oven-roasted marshmallows. I get giddy just thinking about it!
It’s one of those cakes that I couldn’t wait to let cool before cutting into. Who am I kidding, very few of my cakes make it through the “cool completely” instruction anyway. Warm cake is irresistible!
I actually might have fallen to my knees after I took my first bite of this cake. Oh my yum!
Okay, I know I’ve convinced you that this cake belongs in your house and in under an hour you could have some on a fork going into your mouth.
Let me quickly show you how easy it is to make and then it’s your turn to bake and taste the amazingness for yourself.
Start by preparing the cake batter…
Pour it evenly into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and turn oven off.
Place chocolate bars evenly over baked cake. Return to oven while still off for 2 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven again and turn the oven broiler on high. Spread the melted chocolate bars evenly over the cake so that it is completely covered.
Sprinkle mini marshmallows evenly over the chocolate layer and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows start to brown. Watch them very closely so they don’t blacken and burn. Rotate if necessary to evenly brown all marshmallows.
I hope you’ve loved every bite of my little s’mores series. I sure did!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 8 large milk chocolate bars
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Pour evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and turn oven off.
- Place chocolate bars evenly over baked cake. Return to oven while it’s off for 2 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven again and turn the oven broiler on. Spread the melted chocolate bars evenly over the cake so that it is completely covered.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows evenly over chocolate layer. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows start to brown. Watch them very closely so they don’t blacken. Rotate if necessary to evenly brown all marshmallows. Let cake cool on a wire rack.