These muffins are out of this world! Soft fluffy rolls oozing with warm Nutella and drizzled with a simple sweet cream cheese icing. You’re welcome!
Y’all ready for this?!
Well, ready or not, here they are! A perfectly soft dough is filled with Nutella and baked in a muffin cup so the tops are slightly crisp but the center is still doughy and oozing with melted Nutella. Holy yum! Top it off with a simple sweet cream cheese icing and these roll muffins with rock your world!
These have been a labor of love for the past few weeks. I had dreamed them up and wasn’t willing to settle for anything less than perfection. Four tries later and I was in love the moment I pulled them from the oven.
Just look at those swirls of fluffy dough and irresistible Nutella. Quite simple yet so scrumptious. I could hardly wait to get them out of that pan and into my mouth.
Sorry, not sorry, for this one! You’re going to want to hunt me down to give me a huge hug once you’ve taken that first decadent delicious bite. You’re welcome!
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110°F degrees)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk
- Warm milk on the stovetop or in the microwave to 110°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the yeast and sugar. Gently pour the warm milk over the sugar and yeast. Allow to proof, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the beaten egg and melted butter. Stir in the flour and salt with a wooden spoon until a smooth wet dough is formed. Cover the bowl with a damp dish towel and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll dough to a 15x20-inch rectangle.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the Nutella for about 20 seconds in the microwave, just until it’s of drizzling consistency. Drizzle the Nutella over the dough and spread evenly almost to the edges, using a spatula. Roll up dough from one of the 20-inch sides to the other. Cut into 12 pieces (roughly 1-1/2 inch cuts) and place one piece in each muffin cup.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and turn it on to heat to 350°F. The muffins will rise as the oven preheats. Bake until muffins are lightly browned on top, about 20-22 minutes total. Let muffins rest in the pan while you prepare the icing.
- Make the icing: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Slowly add the milk until smooth and of drizzling consistency.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and drizzle with the cream cheese icing. Serve warm or at room temperature.