These muffins are out of this world! Soft fluffy rolls oozing with warm Nutella and drizzled with a simple sweet cream cheese icing. You’re welcome!
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110°F degrees)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 2–1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Warm milk on the stovetop or in the microwave to 110°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the yeast and sugar. Gently pour the warm milk over the sugar and yeast. Allow to proof, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the beaten egg and melted butter. Stir in the flour and salt with a wooden spoon until a smooth wet dough is formed. Cover the bowl with a damp dish towel and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll dough to a 15×20-inch rectangle.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the Nutella for about 20 seconds in the microwave, just until it’s of drizzling consistency. Drizzle the Nutella over the dough and spread evenly almost to the edges, using a spatula. Roll up dough from one of the 20-inch sides to the other. Cut into 12 pieces (roughly 1-1/2 inch cuts) and place one piece in each muffin cup.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and turn it on to heat to 350°F. The muffins will rise as the oven preheats. Bake until muffins are lightly browned on top, about 20-22 minutes total. Let muffins rest in the pan while you prepare the icing.
- Make the icing: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Slowly add the milk until smooth and of drizzling consistency.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and drizzle with the cream cheese icing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store leftover muffins in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in a warm oven for a few minutes or heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds.