Pumpkin bread can be healthy! Just 6 ingredients is all it takes to make this healthy, hearty loaf that’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
I keep cans of pumpkin stocked in our pantry year-round because it’s such a flexible and fabulous ingredient to bake and cook with. Muffins, pancakes, waffles, chili, cakes, pies, you name it, pumpkin brings a delicate texture and delicious flavor to everything its added to.
I feel like most recipes containing pumpkin are super sweet and indulgent though. Don’t get me wrong, I love my sweets and indulgences, but pumpkin is healthy in itself so why not feature it in more healthier recipes too?!
My Healthy 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread recipe is baked and loved by so many of you that I decided to create a pumpkin version. A yummy bread you can bake with ingredients you more than likely already have on hand, that’s quick to get into the oven and that you can feel great about eating often.
Hearty oats, pure pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice are all easily blended in the blender to create the batter for this bread. You’d never know it doesn’t have flour or oil or butter or granulated sugar in it.
This hearty, moist, slightly sweet loaf will win you over the first time you bake it and will become a bread you crave to bake over and over again. Be it for breakfast or a snack, it’s healthy and delish! Enjoy!
- 2 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If the top of the loaf is browned, but the center is not baked all the way through yet, simply cover the top with foil and let the loaf continue to bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- Let loaf cool completely in loaf pan. Store bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.