Pumpkin bread can be healthy! Just 6 ingredients is all it takes to make this healthy, hearty loaf that’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
- 2 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. (Be sure not to over blend the batter. If the batter is over blended, it will start to warm and cook the oats which prevents the loaf from baking into a bread-like texture. It will have the texture of oatmeal if the oats start cooking before you bake the bread.)
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If the top of the loaf is browned, but the center is not baked all the way through yet, simply cover the top with foil and let the loaf continue to bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- Let loaf cool completely in loaf pan. Store bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Use gluten free oats if you want the bread to be gluten free.