Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies in a Jar is a delicious cookies in a jar recipe that’s festive and fantastic for gifting during the Holiday season!
Hooray for the Holidays! I just love this time of year!
Each year, I create a new cookie in a jar recipe that we give to our neighbors and friends for them to bake during the Holidays. The jars are fun, easy, affordable and everyone loves them!
Last year I did these adorable Jolly Jars and this year the jars contain ingredients to make the most delicious Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies!
You just layer the ingredients in the jar, tie it with a cute ribbon and attach the instructions for them to make the cookies when they wish! It’s that simple and makes for such a sweet gift!
The cookies taste just like you’re drinking hot cocoa that’s been stirred with a peppermint stick and topped with some marshmallows! They’re thin and crisp around the edges with a perfectly chewy center. You’ll definitely want to bake a few batches for your Holiday celebrations as well!
All they have to do when they’re ready to bake the cookies is combine the contents of the jar with a stick of butter, an egg and a bit of vanilla.
10-12 minutes later, they’ll have warm cookies ready to enjoy!
A treat that’s festive, fabulous and fantastic for gifting!
- 1 glass canning jar with a lid (1 quart/32 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 (1.25 ounce) packets hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 cup marshmallow bits
- 1/2 cup peppermint chips or crushed peppermint
- festive ribbon
- holiday gift tags
- hole punch
- skinny string
1. Layer each ingredient in the jar in the order listed. After each addition, tap the jar on the counter or use a fork to level each layer.
2. Wrap the inside of the lid with decorative ribbon and seal the jar. Tie a bow of decorative ribbon under the lid.
3. On the gift tags, write or print the following instructions:
For festive Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies, preheat oven to 375°F. Beat 1 stick of softened butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 egg in a large bowl or mixer. Add the contents of the jar and stir or mix until well combined. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake until crisp around the edges and just starting to crack in the middle, 10-12 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
4. Punch a hole in the gift tag. Thread string or ribbon through the hole and tie to the ribbon on the jar.