Go beyond the bowl of cereal and bake these irresistible cinnamon-y muffins that are flavored with Cinnamon Toasters cereal milk with a crown of sweet cereal streusel on top.
I know I’m not the only one who loves sipping the cereal-sweetened milk out of the bottom of the bowl when all the cereal is gone. I mean, they make bowls with straws built into them for easier cereal milk sipping. And they sell these bowls. And people like me buy these bowls. Lol!
Milk is so much better when it’s been soaking up all the yummy flavor of your favorite cereal. Am I right? Or am I right?? Mmmm…mmmm!
And when it comes to cereal milk, Malt-O-Meal® Cinnamon Toasters cereal makes one of the best. All that cinnamon sugar infused into the milk, I can’t get enough of it. I crave it just as much as I crave the cinnamon-y sweet toasty squares themselves. Oh my yum!
Well, cereal milk is no longer just for sipping, my friends. It’s the key ingredient in these epic muffins.
Perfectly soft and cinnamon-sweetened cereal milk muffins with a crunchy Cinnamon Toasters cereal streusel on top. A muffin experience like none other that will steal your cereal loving heart!
Muffins are known for being easy to make and these muffins definitely live up to that expectation. With just 15 minutes prep and 20-25 minutes in the oven, you’ll want to bake and enjoy them often.
They taste just like eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toasters cereal, but in muffin loving glory. Crunchy at first and then full of soft cereal milk goodness. And you know how hard it is to eat just one bowl of cereal, well it’s just as hard to eat just one of these marvelous muffins.
So grab a big bag of Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters cereal and instead of enjoying it in a bowl with a spoon, bake it into these yummy cereal milk muffins. They’re sure to amaze and will quickly become a muffin you’ll crave!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Malt-O-Meal® brand cereals however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- Muffin Batter:
- 2 cups Malt-O-Meal® Cinnamon Toasters cereal, finely crushed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Malt-O-Meal® Cinnamon Toasters cereal, crushed
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, pour the milk over 2 cups finely crushed Cinnamon Toasters cereal and let set for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Streusel: In a small bowl, microwave the butter until just melted and then stir in the crushed cereal, brown sugar and flour with a fork until a crumbly mixture forms. Set aside.
- Muffin Batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, canola oil and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture and the cereal milk mixture (including the softened crushed cereal) into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each one almost full. Sprinkle the streusel evenly among the top of the muffin batter, almost covering each one completely in streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffin tops are golden and streusel is crisp. Let muffins rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely or enjoy while still warm.