These dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butterscotch Bars are super chewy with a rich butterscotch flavor, a hint of peanut butter and creamy chocolate in every bite!
Let’s talk about butterscotch for a minute or two! I love it, but I feel like it just doesn’t take center-stage as often as it should and I kind of forget about it sometimes.
Well, I’ll never forget my beloved butterscotch now that I’ve baked and eaten these dreamy bars. They are nothing short of amazing! I dreamt about them the night before I baked them and I’ve been dreaming about them every night since. They’re chewy with a rich butterscotch flavor, a hint of peanut butter and some creamy chocolate in every bite.
Chocolate Peanut Butterscotch Bars
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Dessert
These dreamy bars are super chewy with a rich butterscotch flavor, a hint of peanut butter and some creamy chocolate in every bite!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1–1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal® self-rising flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large microwavable bowl. Whisk in the peanut butter until smooth. Whisk in the brown sugar then the eggs until well combined. Stir in the flour. Add the butterscotch chips and stir or mix with your hands until evenly distrubted throughout the dough.
- Press dough evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over bars and return to oven for 2 minutes to soften chocolate. Spread melted chocolate chips evenly over bars. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 hours. Or place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
I made these today for my husband’s birthday and they were delicious! The picture looks like they are supposed to be like a chewy, moist brownie texture, but mine came out more like a cookie bar texture. I’m not sure why…?🤷♀️ Super yummy nonetheless!