I’m crazy about cobblers! You just can go wrong when it comes to warm fruit covered in a sweet biscuit topping! It’s one of my favorite desserts to bake year-round and I always get so many compliments and requests for seconds!
I love how cobblers are so simple that anyone could successfully bake one. And I especially love how you can mix it up with different fruits and toppings.
I’m crazy about cookies too, so I thought why not try topping a cherry cobbler with some cookie dough and see how it goes?! Well, my friends, it went swell! I mean, really really really swell!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish. Scoop cookie dough evenly over cherry filling. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cookies are golden and crisp and cherries are bubbling. Serve warm with milk or ice cream.