A Fix-Your-Own Biscuit Board let’s everyone enjoy their biscuits just the way they like them with a delicious selection of fixins to choose from.
Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold & cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can use whole milk instead)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Baked Bacon
- Canadian Bacon
- Sausage Patties
- Peanut Butter
- Fresh Fruit (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, banana)
- Butter, sliced
- Tabasco hot sauce
Easy Stovetop Gravy Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
To make the Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives in opposite directions. Add the buttermilk and stir with a wooden spoon or your hands until well combined. Flatten the dough out into about an 8x10x1/2-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Fold in half and then in half again and flatten back out into the rectangle. Repeat the folding process again and flatten back into the rectangle. Using a floured 2.5-inch biscuit cutter, cut out the biscuits.
- Place biscuits a few inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with half the melted butter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits have risen and are starting to turn a light golden brown on top. Remove and brush with remaining melted butter.
Cook the Meats:
- Make the Baked Bacon, heat the pre-cooked Canadian Bacon and cook the sausage patties.
*Keep the biscuits and meats warm in a 200°F oven while you make the gravy and assemble the board.
To make the Easy Stovetop Gravy:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour over the melted butter and whisk together to form a paste. Cook for a minute.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly.
- Add the salt & pepper, continuing to whisk constantly. Allow the gravy to come to a simmer, still whisking, as it thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
To assemble the Fix-Your-Own Biscuit Board:
- Wash and dry all of the fruits first.
- I used this 24″ x 18″ walnut wood board. Arrange serving bowls of honey, spreads, jams, and fresh berries on the board first. Place spoons and spreaders with each of the fixings as well as a honey dipper in the honey so that people can easily spread and drizzle them on their biscuits. Next, place the sliced butter, sliced banana and a bottle of hot sauce on the board.
- Arrange the warm biscuits down the middle of the board.
- Place the warm bacon, Canadian bacon and sausage in different spots across the board.
- Put the warm gravy in a serving bowl with a serving spoon on the board last. Serve right away and enjoy!