This Fill-Your-Own Chili Bowl Spread starts with the Best Darn Chili you’ve ever had, adds some Sweet & Simple Corn Bread, and then piles it high with all the tasty toppings you can imagine.
- Best Darn Chili
- Sweet and Simple Cornbread
- corn chips
- fried onions
- shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
- halved cherry tomatoes
- diced avocado
- roasted corn (canned, frozen or homemade)
- jalapeños, sliced and diced
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- chopped green onions
- Start by making the chili and baking the cornbread. Keep the chili over low heat and the cornbread in a 200˚F oven warming until ready to serve the spread.
- Prepare and place all of the toppings in serving dishes on the spread table. Add the chili and cornbread to the spread just before serving.
- Let each person gather around or file through the spread to fill their own chili bowl.
- Both the chili and cornbread can be made in advance and reheated.
- Serve the spread with small bowls so each person can enjoy a small bowl one way and return to the spread to enjoy another small bowl a completely different way.
- If you’re serving the spread over the course of a few hours, keep the chili over low heat on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.