Fresh bell pepper, onion and jalapeño peppers bring delicious flavor to this Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Quesadilla. It’s the perfect easy weeknight dinner for a hungry crew!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (red, green and/or yellow)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 13 (8 to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- Jalapeno slices
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy duty pan. Add the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes or until peppers and onion are tender. Add the chicken and taco seasoning to the pan and stir to combine well. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat the inside of a 18″×12″ rimmed sheet pan with butter, making sure to cover completely.
- Lay 10 tortillas on the sheet pan, starting with the corners and overlapping a bit to cover the entire pan, leaving about two inches hanging over the edge of the pan.
- Spread chicken mixture over tortillas in the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Lay three tortillas down the middle of the pan. Fold edges of the tortilla left hanging over the pan to cover completely. Use a toothpick to hold the edges in place, if needed.
- Butter the bottom side of a second rimmed sheet pan. Remove the toothpicks and place on top of the tortillas, buttered side down, pressing it down just a bit.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove top sheet pan and let bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown all over the top.
- To serve, cut into squares and serve with your favorite quesadilla toppings.