Deliciously moist zucchini cake that’s covered in the most irresistible cinnamon-spiked cream cheese frosting!
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons milk, if needed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the melted butter, oil and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Slowly beat in the buttermilk and then the flour mixture. Fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and beat until well combined. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until well combined and frosting is thick yet spreadable. Add a tablespoon or two of milk if the frosting needs to be thinner for spreading over the cake.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.