Brownies get a healthy boost from whole wheat flour and pumpkin, while plenty of chocolate makes them nice and fudgy! A great fall treat!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Whisk flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips then transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool then cut into squares.