Healthier Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins made with whole wheat flour, peanut butter and honey for a filling breakfast or snack that you can feel great about eating.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, honey, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.