Banana bread gets a healthy boost as this delicious Whole Wheat Banana Oat Bread made with whole wheat flour, hearty oats, and of course, bananas!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well incorporated. Stir in the oats and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. You might want to cover the top of the bread with foil during the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from burning while letting the center of the bread continues to bake. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool or go ahead and serve warm.