This Top-Your-Own Toast Board is one of our favorite ways to enjoy a weekend breakfast or a weekday brinner. Everyone gets to top their toast just the way they like it with a delicious selection of savory and sweet toppings.
- baked bacon
- baguette, sliced
- eggs, cooked sunny-side-up or scrambled
- peanut butter
- jams (strawberry, apricot, blueberry)
- fresh strawberries
- banana slices
- avocados, quartered
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- flaked sea salt
- Start by baking the bacon and toasting the baguette slices.
- To toast several smaller slices of bread at once, arrange them on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, turning the toast after 5 minutes to ensure they’re toasted well on both sides.
- Bake the bacon.
- Keep the toast and bacon warm in a 200°F oven while you arrange the toppings on the board & cook the eggs.
- Place a serving plate in the middle of a 36″ x 12″ wood board.
- Arrange the toppings on the board first. For this board, I filled small serving bowls with halved cherry tomatoes, cilantro, strawberries, butter, peanut butter, Nutella, honey, sea salt and three different types of jams (strawberry, apricot & blueberry).
- Once those bowls are placed on the board, add the sliced bananas and avocado. I like to just quarter the avocados so everyone can mash it themselves or eat it as is.
- Cook the eggs on a flat-top griddle sunny-side-up and then transfer them with a large flat spatula to the serving plate in the middle of the board. This serving plate is oven-safe so if you prep the eggs in advance, just put the eggs on the plate then put the plate in a 200°F warming oven to keep them warm.
- Arrange the toasted baguette slices in a few places on the board and place the baked bacon in one of the corners of the board.
- Add spreaders for the butter, peanut butter, Nutella, jams and honey.
- Serve immediately while everything is warm. Enjoy!