Let your guests build-their-own burgers and hot dogs with an awesome variety of fixings to choose from. It’s an easy and delicious way to serve and please everyone!
- potato chips
- fresh cherries
- watermelon slices
Hamburger and Hot Dog Tray:
For the Hot Dogs:
- hot dog buns
- hot hogs
- diced white onion
For the Hamburgers:
- slider buns
- hamburger patties
- American cheese slices
- provolone cheese slices
- blue cheese crumbles
- tomato slices (tomatoes on the vine or roma tomatoes are a great size for sliders)
- pickle chips
- red onion slices
- avocado slices
- grilled pineapple rings
- burger sauce
- barbecue sauce
- Heat the chili and cook the bacon. Keep the chili over low heat on the stove and the bacon warming in a 200-degree oven until you’re ready to add them to the tray.
- Put two small plates on a large serving tray as place holders for the grilled hamburger patties and hot dogs. Place a small serving bowl for chili on the tray, but wait to add the warm chili until just before serving.
- Prepare all of the toppings, except for the grilled pineapple, and arrange them in small serving bowls or directly on the tray. Arrange the slider and hot dog buns on the tray.
- Put the chips, cherries and watermelon on serving dishes on the spread table. Cover them, if necessary.
- Grill the burgers and hot dogs. See Easy Cheeseburger Sliders recipe and hot dog grilling tips. Add cheese to the burgers while still on the grill, if guests want the cheese melted. Leave some patties without cheese.
- While the burgers are grilling, brush the pineapple rings with olive oil and add them to the grill. Grill the pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes per side until they have nice grill marks.
- Add the warm chili and bacon to the tray. Put the grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on the plates reserved for them on the tray. Arrange the grilled pineapple rings next to the hamburger patties. Serve the tray and let each person build their own sliders and hot dogs!
If you want to grill the hamburgers and hot dogs in advance, transfer them to a sheet pan after they’re finished grilling and keep them in the turned off (but still warm) grill with the lid closed or in a 200-degree warming oven until ready to serve.
Other Topping Options: shredded cheese for the hot dogs, jalapeno slices, crispy fried onions