Cuddle up with a mug of the Best Homemade Hot Chocolate for a rich, chocolatey, comforting drink that feels like a hug!
- 8 cups whole milk, divided
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 1 cup of the milk, sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a bare simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to whisk until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining 7 cups milk and the vanilla. Whisk until combined and heated through. Do not bring to a boil. Serve immediately or continue to whisk often while warming over low heat.