Refreshingly sweet strawberry muffins with an irresistible crunchy top.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or liners.
- In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients with a fork until a crumbly mixture forms and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups (batter should completely fill cups and mound slightly). Sprinkle streusel evenly over each muffin.
- Bake until muffin tops are golden and streusel is crisp, 35-40 minutes. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.