This St. Patrick’s Day Snack Board, covered in a festive and delicious selection of Irish-themed snacks, will have everyone feeling lucky as they enjoy it!
- Trader Joe’s Havarti Dill
- Kerrygold Dubliner (cut into chunks)
- Irish Porter Cheddar
- Tintern Cheddar with chives and shallots
- Rye Bread (cut into strips)
- Trader Joe’s Irish Soda Bread (cut into strips)
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Trader Joe’s Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
- Andouille Sausage, cut into slices
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- Carrot Chips
- Trader Joe’s ready-to-eat Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Green Grapes
- Candied Pecans
- Rye Pretzel Sticks
- Trader Joe’s Cheddar Cheese Stick Crackers
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Rolo Candies
- Wash the bell peppers, cucumber and grapes and set aside to dry.
- For this board I used a 20″ x 14.5″ wood framed chalk board from Hobby Lobby. I just rub it with food safe bees wax to use for serving.
- Start by making a shamrock for the middle of the board out of Trader Joe’s havarti dill. They sell it in 1/2-inch slices. I got 3 slices and cut each one with a heart-shaped cookie cutter and then pressed each heart into a plate of finely cut fresh dill, to make it more green, before placing them together in the middle of the board to form the shamrock shape. I used one of the cheese scraps to form the shamrock stem.
- Next, cut the top off two green bell peppers to use as bowls for the thousand island dressing & Trader Joe’s bacon cheddar ranch dip. Cut the tops of each green bell pepper into strips for dipping and snacking on. Place the dip-filled green bell pepper bowls in the top left and bottom right corners of the board.
- Place the bunch of green grapes in the bottom left corner of the board.
- Line pastrami from the top green bell pepper bowl to halfway down the board and fan the bottom green bell pepper bowl with sliced andouille sausage.
- Place a small serving bowl filled with whole grain mustard above the sausage.
- Fill the space between the grapes and sausage with the cheddar cheese stick crackers.
- Place the Tintern Cheddar with chives and shallots under the pastrami.
- Put Rolo candies in the space between the Tintern Cheddar and the grapes.
- Arrange Kerrygold Dubliner cheese chunks next to the green bell pepper bowl at the top of the board and line it with more rolled pastrami.
- Fill the space to the right of the pastrami and the left of the shamrock cheese shape with pistachios and the space between the Tintern Cheddar and the stem of the shamrock cheese shape with candied pecans.
- Place the Irish Porter cheddar cheese in the top right corner of the board and fill in the space between it and the rolled pastrami with roasted brussels sprouts.
- Next, put the strips of bell pepper and carrot chips in the space on the right side of the board.
- Fill in the last open space above the shamrock with rye pretzel sticks.
- Put rye bread next to the thousand island dressing and Irish soda bread next to the bacon cheddar ranch dip, on the corners of the board.
- Fan cucumber slices on the edge of the board above the Irish porter cheddar cheese.
- Finish the board with gold tongs and shamrock shortbread cookies, if desired.