A pinch of sea salt completes these perfectly chewy, chocolaty, crisp around the edge chocolate chunk cookies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks, divided
- coarse sea salt, for garnishing
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and kosher salt. Add to the butter mixture in the electric mixer and beat on low speed until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once to ensure all ingredients are mixed together. Stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of the chocolate chunks.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough into about 20 balls on the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press a few of the remaining chocolate chunks into the top of each ball of cookie dough. Press down on the top of each ball of cookie dough gently with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two more cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Once cookie dough has refrigerated for at least 30 minutes, place balls of cookie dough a few inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies start to turn golden brown and crisp around the edges, but still a little under-baked/doughy in the middle. You’ll want to rotate the cookie sheets after 8 minutes of baking. Once the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and immediately sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of coarse sea salt.
- Let cookies cool at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a cooling rack or enjoying them warm with a cold glass of milk. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and enjoy!