These melt-in-your-mouth pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a fall treat that just can’t be beat!
- 2–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1–1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until slightly fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Add the flour mixture 1 cup at a time and beat until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press a few additional chocolate chips into the top of each scoop of cookie dough, if desired.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until set and just starting to brown on top. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.