Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats take the classic marshmallow treat to the next level.
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) bag + 1 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line a 13×9-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and 1 cup peanut butter. Add the 16 ounce bag of miniature marshmallows and stir continuously until completely melted. Remove from heat and immediately pour over cereal in the large mixing bowl. Stir well. Fold in 1 cup miniature marshmallows until disbursed and swirled throughout.
- Let cereal mixture cool in bowl for 10 minutes. Gently sprinkle and stir mini chocolate chips into mixture in batches until evenly distributed throughout. Using more parchment paper, press mixture evenly and firmly into prepared pan.
- Drizzle the top of the mixture with 1/4 cup peanut butter (that’s been slightly melted until of drizzling consistency), then sprinkle with 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Once completely cool, cut into squares.