Creamy peanut butter, chopped banana and cinnamon sugar make these Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Roll Ups a breakfast treat fit for a king!
- 12 slices soft white bread, crusts cut off
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chopped banana (about 1 large banana)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, for sauté pan
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- melted peanut butter, for drizzling
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- After trimming the crusts from each slice of bread, roll one slice out to about 1/8-inch thickness with a rolling pin. Spread each slice with a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of chopped banana. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining bread slices, peanut butter and chopped banana.
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a large non-stick sauté pan and let melt over medium heat. (If using a small sauté pan, use just 2 tablespoons butter and sauté the roll-ups in two batches) Dip one roll at a time in the egg mixture and place in the sauté pan. Allow roll ups to sauté for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and slightly crisp all around the outside. Remove to a work surface and sprinkle each roll-up generously with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of melted peanut butter and maple syrup for dipping.