A moist, hearty sweet bread with juicy peaches and a hint of vanilla ice cream in every bite!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups diced fresh peeled peaches
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (measured before melting)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar (combine 2 teaspoons sugar plus 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, and lightly dust with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in the chopped peaches until completely coated in the flour mixture.
- Place ice cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until just barely melted.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir until well combined. The dough will be very thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Slice & serve with whipped cream or more ice cream!