Easiest ever caramel corn with pretzels, peanuts and almonds mixed in. A sweet and salty treat you just can’t resist!
- 1 (2.69 ounce) bag microwave popcorn, about 12 cups popped (preferably no butter or lightly buttered)
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Place in a bowl so unpopped kernels go to the bottom and transfer all popped kernels to a large mixing bowl. Add pretzels, almonds and peanuts to the popcorn in the large mixing bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove and whisk until smooth. Return to microwave for 30 seconds and remove and whisk again. Return to microwave for another 30 seconds until bubbling. Remove from microwave and immediately whisk in vanilla and baking soda. Allow caramel sauce to set for about 3 minutes.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread mixture evenly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and let set for 30 minutes. Stir mixture around and let set another 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container or baggie. Mix can be served while still warm, if desired.
If you prefer a super crunchy caramel corn mix and have some extra time, you can bake this mix in a 250°F oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.