With the same great taste as the original, these Muddy Buddy Bites deliver all the crunchy, peanut buttery goodness without all the mess. You’ll have a ball with these delicious treats!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 cups Chocolate Chex cereal (12.8 ounce box)
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the peanut butter, butter and vanilla until well combined. Add the cereal and beat on low speed until just combined. Then turn the mixer to medium-high speed and beat the mixture until the cereal is thoroughly crushed. This will take several minutes.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar and beat at low speed until just combined and then on medium speed until well combined. Mixture should be thick and creamy enough to roll into balls.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and form into balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You should get about 28 balls out of the mixture. Put the balls in the freezer for 10 minutes or the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to allow them to set.
- Place the remaining ½ cup powdered sugar in a large resealable baggie and add the balls to the bag. Seal the bag and gently toss the balls in the powdered sugar until they are all coated evenly. Remove one bite at a time from the bag and place it back on the parchment-lined baking sheet, reforming them into ball shapes, if necessary.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a sealed container and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.