For a balanced, delicious meal in minutes, this Mexican Fried Rice delivers with flair! Fresh ingredients come together beautifully in a zesty mid-week meal everyone will love!
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese
- hot sauce, for serving
- limes, for serving
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and toss it in half of the packet of taco seasoning. In a large wok or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add all of the chopped peppers, onion and remaining taco seasoning to the hot skillet. Let sauté for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the eggs and stir frequently until they are scrambled throughout the veggies.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet with the scrambled peppers and onion to let it start crisping up. Add the cooked chicken, mexicorn and black beans. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, cilantro and cotija just before serving. Serve with hot sauce and limes.