A traditional Thai dessert of sticky rice that’s been soaked in a lightly sweetened coconut cream with fresh mango on the side. A simple dessert that’s perfect for summer!
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice (3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup coconut cream (canned or fresh made)
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 fresh mangoes (peeled and sliced)
- sesame seeds, for garnishing
- Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup coconut cream (canned or fresh made)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or on the stove-top according to package directions.
- Heat 1 cup coconut cream over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until it just starts to bubble, stirring constantly. Add sugar and sea salt and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove sweet coconut cream mixture from heat and add 2 cups cooked rice. Gently stir together and cover saucepan with a lid for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cream sauce. Add 1/2 cup coconut cream and 2 tablespoons rice flour to a small saucepan over low heat. Heat just until mixture starts to thicken, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To serve, place sticky rice on one side of a serving plate and cover with a spoonful of cream sauce. Sprinkle the cream sauce with a pinch of sesame seeds, if desired. Place the sliced fresh mango on the other side of the serving plate and serve.