These Mini Sugar-Coated Baked Donuts may be bite sized, but they are big on flavor and fun!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup golden or granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons (for coating donuts)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 (12-cavity) mini donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking soda.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag and pipe into donut cavities, filling each one about 2/3-full.
- Bake donuts for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove 12 of the donuts and place them in a plastic baggie. Add 1 tablespoon sugar, seal the bag and toss to coat. Repeat with remaining 12 mini donuts and 1 tablespoon sugar.