For the love of bacon! What better way to show your people just how much you love them than with heart-shaped bacon?! The simple trick of shaping bacon strips into heart shapes and baking them to crispy deliciousness is love served at its best!
- 1 (12 ounce) package thin sliced bacon (about 12 slices)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil and set a baking rack into the pan. Spray the baking rack generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Form each slice of bacon into the shape of a heart by folding it in half and then folding the ends in so they curve to look like a heart. Pinch the two ends together within the heart and also pinch the bottom of the heart shape together so it stays pointed.
- Place the bacon in the oven for just 2-3 minutes to soften it a bit. Using an oven mit, remove the pan of bacon from the oven and reinforce the heart shape on any bacon hearts that need reinforcing so they keep the heart shape as they continue to bake. The bacon shouldn’t be too hot at this point so you should be able to easily reinforce the shape with your fingers.
- Return the bacon to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until of desired crispness. Rotate the pan halfway through the baking time so the bacon hearts bake evenly.
- Remove bacon from the oven and let set for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!