This festive American flag inspired Hot Dog Flag Board is such a cute and clever way to serve a patriotic themed meal on the 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day!
- 16 hot dog buns or long rolls, sliced on top
- 1 bag of blue chips
- 18 mini white cheese stars
- 16 grilled hot dogs
- shredded cheese
- Using a rectangle-shaped wood board that’s at least 18″ x 12″ in size, start by lining top-cut rolls or hot dog buns horizontally in rows across the board, leaving a rectangular shape in the top left corner to fill with blue chips. I like using these these Pain Au Lait rolls from Trader Joe’s and Terra Blues chips for the blue-colored chips, but you can use any hot dog buns or blue chips.
- Cut mini stars out of thick slices of white cheddar cheese with a mini star cutter. Place the mini white cheese stars across the blue chips on the board.
- Next, grill the hot dogs. Once they’re grilled, place them in each bun on the board.
- Put toppings of ketchup, mustard, relish and shredded cheese on the side with these handy bottles (these or these) and festive star bowls. Serve right away and enjoy!