There’s ham and cheese baked into these sweet & savory muffins. They would be a huge hit at your next brunch!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1–1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, honey and egg. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chopped ham and shredded cheese.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffins cups, filling each one almost full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack that’s been placed on a baking sheet to catch any glaze drippings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and honey for the glaze. Brush the top of each muffin evenly with the glaze. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Notes: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.