This blueberry coffee cake is a lovely, summery twist on the classic morning treat! Made with greek yogurt and coconut oil, it’s flavored with bright lemon and fresh, plump blueberries with a crunchy cinnamon-sugar streusel on top. An irresistible crowd-pleaser!
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan as it bakes. Set aside.
- Prepare the streusel topping: melt the coconut oil in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and mix together with a fork until somewhat crumbly. Place the bowl in the fridge while you make the cake batter.
- Make the cake batter: In a large mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the coconut oil and granulated sugar until the sugar starts to dissolve into the coconut oil. Most coconut oil is solid at room temperature, and this is fine! There is no need to melt it.
- Add the Greek yogurt and the milk and mix until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix carefully until just combined. Fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Crumble the streusel topping evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm or completely cooled.