Sweet juicy peaches baked under a scrumptious cinnamon sugar topping make this Fresh Peach Crumble an instant favorite! Served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it’s a the perfect summer dessert!
- 3 cups sliced peaches (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Layer the peaches on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter, then whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the butter mixture over the flour mixture and stir until everything is incorporated and batter is thick.
- Using your hands to crumble the batter in large chunks on top of the peaches.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned on top and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let set for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.