Sweet mint and tart lemons make this Fresh Mint Lemonade the perfect antidote to the heat of a summer day! Make a pitcher, kick back and enjoy this refreshingly simple drink. A true summer favorite!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 and ½ cups cold water, divided
- 20 mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Put ¼ cup sugar and ½ cup water in a over medium heat. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice to a pitcher along with 4 cups of water.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the pitcher and mix well.
- Add plenty of ice cubes and more water, if you find the lemonade too strong.