Homemade soft Flour Tortillas that will make your fiesta even more fantastic!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup warm milk or water
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Switch to the paddle attachment, and with the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the oil until a crumbly mixture forms. Then slowly pour in the warm milk or water and let beat on low speed until just combined. Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until dough is smooth and comes together.
- Divide dough into 15 balls and place on parchment paper. Cover with a damp towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll each ball of dough into a thin circle about 6-8 inches wide. Place back under the damp towel until ready to cook. Roll out all tortillas before starting to cook them.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla at a time on the skillet and let cook until bubbling, about 30 seconds before flipping and letting cook another 30 seconds until golden on both sides. Transfer to a tortilla warmer or warm oven while you cook the remaining tortillas.