The best crispy brussels sprouts that are sweet, spicy, savory and oh so addicting!
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or other high-heat oil such as grapeseed)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (you can also use fish sauce here if you want something with a bit more flavor)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about half a large lemon)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Pinch of black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and set a rack on the very top.
- Prepare the brussels by cutting off the base of each sprout, slicing them in half from top to bottom and remove the excess or loose exterior leaves.
- Soak the cut brussels for a minute in water to clean them.
- Drain and spread Brussels out on a paper towel to dry while the oven is preheating.
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with foil (makes cleaning it easier later on) and spread the brussels out on the pan.
- Generously drizzle the brussels with the oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Stir with your hands to ensure brussels are all well-oiled and salted.
- Place in the oven on the top rack for about 45-60 minutes. After 20 and 40 minutes, stir the brussels to ensure all sides get crispy and charred.
- During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, reduce remaining ingredients (soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, sriracha, lemon juice and black pepper) in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove brussels from the oven once all brussels are crispy and slightly charred.
- Place them in a bowl and toss with some of the reduced sauce. Do this a little at a time as you don’t want the brussels to be soaked in sauce so they retain their crispy texture. You may have a little leftover sauce. Eat & enjoy!