A family favorite:chicken casserole where bone-in chicken is covered in canned cream soup and sprinkled with buttery crackers then baked and served over a bed of rice.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 35 buttery crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken breasts in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil oven medium-high heat. While the chicken broth is coming to a boil, whisk the flour, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper together in a bowl then whisk in the milk until the mixture is thick and smooth. Reduce the chicken broth to a simmer and slowly whisk the flour mixture into the simmering broth. Continue to whisk over low heat until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream. Pour the cream sauce evenly over the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter. Stir the crushed crackers into the butter with a fork. Sprinkle the crushed crackers evenly over the cream sauce in the baking dish.
- Cover the dish completely with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Serve over rice with a side of veggies.