Rich fudge Cookie Dough Frosted Fudge Brownies topped with a dreamy chocolate chip cookie dough frosting for an outrageous brownie eating experience!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups toasted all-purpose flour (see instructions in notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3–1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Remove from microwave. Stir in the sugar then add the eggs one at a time and stir until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder and stir until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add the flour and salt and beat until well combined and a thick dough forms. Start by adding 1/3 cup milk and then add additional milk until frosting is of spreading consistency. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spread frosting onto cooled brownies. Cut into squares and enjoy!
To toast the all-purpose flour, simply place the flour on a cookie sheet and allow it to bake for 5 minutes at 350°F. This will kill any bacteria. Make sure to let the flour cool completely before adding it to the frosting.
Store in the refrigerator.