These rich and hearty Coconuty Dark Chocolate Granola bars are perfect for a quick breakfast, an afternoon pick-me-up or a late night treat.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut oil (softened then measured)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups granola (I used Cascadian Farm’s Dark Chocolate Almond Granola)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped mixed nuts & seeds (I used a mix of pecans, walnuts, pistachios, almonds & sunflower seeds)
- 1–1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1–1/4 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the granola and oats and mix on low until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the chopped nuts, seeds, dark chocolate chips and coconut. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture to sprinkle on top of the bars before baking. Add the rest to the mixer and beat on low until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the reserved 1 cup (nut/seed/chocolate chip/coconut) mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes for until bars are browned and crisp around the edge, set in the middle, and the coconut is lightly toasted on top.
- Cool for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.