Tuck yourself away in the pantry and nosh this Cinnamon Swirled Pumpkin Bread in stealth mode. It’s so scrumptious, you won’t want to share.
CAKE BATTER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin (about 2 cups)
CINNAMON-SUGAR SWIRL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, and whisk until well combined. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir until well incorporated. Fold in the pure pumpkin until just combined.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients until thick and well combined.
- Spread 1/4 of the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Dollop 1/4 of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter in the pan and then make a nice thick swirl through the batter with a table knife or bottom of a wooden spoon. Place 1/3 of the remaining batter evenly over the first layer and swirl with 1/3 of the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 1/2 of the remaining batter evenly over the second layer and swirl with 1/2 of the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Spread the remaining batter evenly over the top and dollop with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Make large swirls throughout the entire loaf.
- Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top of the loaf is golden brown, but the center is not cooked all the way through yet, tint the loaf with foil and let it continue to bake until cooked all the way through.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.