Make your brunch affair sweet, savory and super adorable with these Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Sandwich Bites.
- 1 (12.4 ounce) can regular size cinnamon rolls with icing (8 count)
- 1 and 1/2 cups ground pork breakfast sausage (1 heaping teaspoon per bite)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 soft scrambled eggs
- 6 slices American cheese, each cut into 6 portions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Let the cinnamon rolls set out at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften them a bit so they’re easier to reshape. Cut each cinnamon roll into four equal wedges. Reshape each wedge into a round. Place the mini cinnamon roll rounds on the prepared baking sheet, about 1-inch apart, and press down on each one to flatten it slightly.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 12 minutes or until golden brown on the tops. Leave the baked cinnamon rolls on the sheet pan to assemble and reheat once filled.
- Meanwhile, scoop 1 heaping teaspoon portions of the ground sausage and press into mini sausage patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add the mini sausage patties and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until sausage is cooked all the way through and golden brown on both sides. Remove sausage patties from the pan and keep warm in a 200°F oven until ready to assemble the breakfast sandwiches.
- Cook the soft scrambled eggs.
- Slice each cheese slice into 6 equal pieces, about 1.5 inches by 1 inch each. You will need 32 pieces of cheese for the bites.
- Slice each cinnamon roll in half, crosswise. Place about 1 teaspoon of scrambled eggs onto the bottom half of each cinnamon roll. Then place a sausage patty and a piece of cheese. Put the top of the cinnamon roll back on the sandwich.
- Place the sheet pan back in the oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese is just melted.
- Heat the cinnamon roll icing for 10 seconds in the microwave. Remove the sandwiches from the oven and brush the top of each bite with a little icing so it covers the top of the cinnamon roll and starts to drip down the sides.
- Serve warm with toothpicks inserted in them, if desired.